< Previous | Next >
What Medications Most Canadians Take for Erectile Dysfunction?
The Health Canada Authority has strict standards for approving medications, supplements, and medical devices in Canada. If a product gets approved, you can trust that it works well, has met strict guidelines and is of excellent quality.
Oral medications are often the first choice for erectile dysfunction (ED) treatment, and several options are available. These medications work by making the natural chemical called nitric oxide, work better. Nitric oxide calms the muscles in the penis, which lets more blood flow through the area.
Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil are among the most used treatments for erectile dysfunction by Canadians. Health Canada has approved these medications, which are well-known in the market as an effective treatment for ED.
In this post, we will dive into the science behind these medications, how they work, and how effective they can be. So, let's get started!
What Really Is Erectile Dysfunction (ED)?
Well, it's a common male sexual issue that's often ignored or not appropriately diagnosed. ED is when you can't get or maintain an erection. It's more likely to happen as you age, but not everyone experiences it.
Many things can lead to ED including diabetes, heart disease, or an injury to your pelvic area or spinal cord. Stress, depression, and anxiety are also common causes. Treatments are available, but some men are too uncomfortable in discussing their situation with their doctors.
Some men believe that ED is just a natural part of getting older, or they fear what people may think.
Why Does ED Happen?
ED can happen due to a combination of physical and psychological factors. Let's break it down.
Physical Causes of ED:
- Heart disease: ED can occur due to reduced blood flow to the penis, a common symptom of heart disease.
- Diabetes: Nerves and blood vessels necessary for erections can be damaged by diabetic neuropathy and atherosclerosis.
- Pelvic area or spinal cord injuries: Injuries to these areas can interfere with the nerves and blood vessels responsible for erections.
- Genetics: Certain conditions, such as Peyronie's disease, affects the shape of the penis, which can lead to the development of ED.
- Obesity: Obesity can cause damage to the blood vessels and nerves required for erections. Furthermore, it can also lead to other conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease, further increasing the likelihood of developing ED.
Psychological Causes of ED:
- Anxiety: Arousal and erectile dysfunction can arise due to anxiety interfering with the sexual response.
- Depression: Depression can lead to sexual dysfunction, including erectile issues, orgasms, and arousal problems.
- Stress: Sexual response can also be affected by stress causing arousal problems and erectile dysfunction.
Symptoms Of Erectile Dysfunction
Here are a few signs that you might be experiencing erectile dysfunction:
- Your erections go away before you finish having sex.
- You have a reduced desire for sex, which means you're not having sex as often as you used to.
- You feel anxious about your sexual performance, affecting your ability to enjoy sex.
- Your erections are not firm enough for sexual intercourse.
The Top ED Treatments Approved by Health Canada
Here are some of the most common treatments for ED that Health Canada has given the green light to:
Viagra is a popular medication that helps treat erectile dysfunction. Some people also know it by its generic name, sildenafil. Essentially it helps a person get an erection by relaxing the blood vessels in the penis.
The tablets come in 25 mg, 50 mg, or 100 mg. Some advantages of taking Sildenafil for ED include its fast-acting results (about 30 minutes after taking the pill) and lasting effects (up to 4 hours). Clinical trials confirm its effectiveness and severe side effects are rare (although allergic reactions and heart problems can happen).
- PDE5 inhibitors prevent an enzyme from making erections disappear, which means that when you're sexually stimulated, you can get an erection naturally. Typically, users don't have any problems with it, but sometimes they experience headaches, feel flushed, or have indigestion.
Sildenafil Side Effects
- Muscle Aches
- Back Pain
- Stuffy Nose
- Vision Changes
- Ringing in Ears
- Heart Attack
Tadalafil is a drug used to treat ED, prostate problems, and high lung blood pressure. When aroused and used for ED, it increases blood and relaxes the prostate and bladder muscles.
It takes 30-60 mins for Tadalafil to begin working for ED. A person should be aroused for it to work effectively. Some side effects include a headache, nausea, indigestion, or flushed face.
- If you're taking nitrates for chest pain, you shouldn’t mix with tadalafil. It can make your blood pressure drop too low. Also, you shouldn’t drink grapefruit juice if you take tadalafil for pulmonary hypertension. It can interfere with how the medication works.
Tadalafil Side Effects
- Dizziness (Or a feeling of lightheadedness)
- Stuffy Nose
Buy Tadalafil through Kama Health – get low prices & quick, discreet delivery!
Vardenafil is also known as Levitra, a medication that helps treat erectile dysfunction. It's similar to Sildenafil, but some key differences are worth noting.
Vardenafil works for most men with erectile dysfunction, no matter what the cause. This is one of the most important things to know about Vardenafil which is great news for people who suffer from ED.
Vardenafil works by stopping cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) from being broken down by the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5). This increases blood flow to the penis, making it easier to get and maintain an erection.
What sets Vardenafil apart from other PDE5 inhibitors is its faster onset of action. It can start working in as little as 20 minutes!
Vardenafil Side Effects
- Ringing in Ears
- Muscle Aches
- Back Pain
- Stuffy Nose
- Vision Changes Color Tinting)
Buy Vardenafil through Kama Health – get low prices & quick, discreet delivery every time!
How Long Do ED Pills Last?
ED pills last for different durations in the body, ranging from four hours to more than a day (for higher doses of Cialis). A complete cycle of intercourse, from erection to climax, can be accomplished with each dose.
- Can it last through another cycle? "It's not guaranteed," says Dr. Liou. If you want to have sex more than once a day, then Cialis is your best bet.
How Are These Medications Similar?
- You consume them by mouth, usually in tablet form. They boost the effects of nitric oxide, a natural chemical that helps relax penis muscles. This relaxation of muscles allows blood flow to increase. And it enables you to get an erection when sexually stimulated.
Precautions to Take
To avoid dangerously low blood pressure, do not use erectile dysfunction medication while taking nitrates (i.e., nitroglycerin) for chest pain. You should inform your doctor about the following before taking erectile dysfunction medication:
- Allergies to medications
- Prescription drugs that you're currently taking
- Any scheduled surgeries
- Current alpha-blocker medications for blood pressure or prostate issues
How Do You Prevent ED?
There are a few things you can do to help prevent ED. If you take care of your health, you'll feel better overall. However, the main reason for ED is reduced blood flow due to constricted blood vessels. Here are the details:
- Keep your blood vessels healthy by maintaining a low-cholesterol diet
- Exercise regularly to encourage blood flow and maintain a healthy body weight
- Monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Say no to smoking cigarettes – it narrows blood vessels and reduces blood flow
- Avoid using illicit drugs as these can damage blood vessels and affect your nervous system
- Drink in moderation – excessive alcohol consumption can also affect your ability to maintain an erection
- Discuss the side effects of any prescription drugs you're taking with your pharmacist
What is the best medication for ED in Canada?
Fortunately, several effective treatments are available to improve sexual function and performance. In Canada, the most prescribed ED medications are phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors such as Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil. These medicines relax the blood vessels in the penis, which lets more blood flow into the area and maintain an erection.
Is it legal to buy Viagra in Canada?
In Canada, you can't purchase Viagra without a prescription from a doctor. But if you're experiencing symptoms of erectile dysfunction and think Viagra could be the solution for you reach out to your family doctor or KamaHealth.ca.
Get Help Accessing Your Sildenafil Prescriptions Today
Are you tired of waiting in line at the pharmacy? Try Kama Health! At Kama Health, getting your prescription is incredibly easy. You can do everything from the comfort of your own home. Just send us your prescription or book an online visit with one of our doctors, and we'll process your request and send you your medication for free in discrete packaging.
Using Kama Health is way more convenient than going to a pharmacy. Your medication is delivered right to your doorstep whenever you're ready.
Contact Kama Health - you'll receive safe and reliable medication for erectile dysfunction. No more stress, no more hassle.