< Previous | Next >
Best Tadalafil Generic Brand
Tadalafil is the generic name for Cialis, a popular erectile dysfunction (ED) medication. ED is a condition that affects men at any age but is more prevalent in those who are older. ED, better known as impotence, is the inability of a man to achieve or maintain an erection during sexual activity. ED is a manageable condition, mainly when you are prescribed the proper medication, such as generic Tadalafil, which can be the cheapest alternative compared to the branded ones.
Know More about Tadalafil
Tadalafil can also be used to treat BPH or benign prostatic hyperplasia and is a part of a class of drugs called PDE5 or phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors which increases the blood flow to the penis and helps facilitate an erection in combination with sexual stimulation.
Check out the following details about generic Tadalafil:
- Tadalafil, whether branded or generic Tadalafil, is available by prescription only. You should consult your doctor first so they can assess your condition and ensure that they will prescribe the proper medication or treatment.
- Cialis is a famous brand name for Tadalafil, but you can always opt for the generic Tadalafil if you are looking for an effective and cheaper alternative.
- Tadalafil meds come as tablets and are available in different dosages ranging from 2.5 to 20 mg. Your doctor will determine the proper dosage to help manage your condition and ensure you only take the recommended dose at the right time.
- Tadalafil is dubbed the "weekend pill" because it can stay active in the system for up to 36 hours.
- Tadalafil can also be prescribed to patients with PAH or pulmonary arterial hypertension under Adcirca.
- The generic Tadalafil for ED can be taken as needed or in a lower dose for daily intake. Tadalafil should be taken at least 30 minutes before sexual activity to give enough time for it to work.
- Tadalafil cannot increase your sexual desire, meaning you still need to be sexually stimulated for the medication to take effect.
- Tadalafil is not recommended for patients taking nitrates or with medical conditions such as severe heart or liver problems. Make sure to inform your doctor of any medical conditions or medications you are taking.
- Taking generic Tadalafil can lead to minor side effects such as back pain, headache, flushing, and indigestion. In rare cases, patients may experience severe side effects such as priapism, prolonged erection, or sudden loss of hearing or vision. Seek medical assistance immediately if your side effects are already painful or prolonged.
Generic or Branded ED Medication
Both branded and generic Tadalafil are available for purchase if you have a valid prescription. As previously stated, branded Tadalafil is popularly known as Cialis, while the generic variant comes in different names, usually with the generic term "Tadalafil" as part of the brand name.
Here are some key points to consider when choosing between branded or generic Tadalafil:
- Both branded and generic medications have been tested to ensure they are safe and effective.
- Generally, generic medicines are cheaper than well-known or branded drugs. The latter is more costly because the pharmaceutical companies that first developed them have invested in development, marketing, and research.
- Lilly and Company produce Cialis, while different pharmaceutical companies manufacture the generic versions after the expired patent.
- The generic versions of Tadalafil may have fewer options in terms of dosage, while Cialis is available in many dosage forms.
It is important to note that both Tadalafil variations contain the same active component and the same therapeutic effects. But if you are looking for the cheapest Cialis alternative, you can ask your doctor to prescribe a generic version.
Tips on How to Lessen Costs of Tadalafil
Here are some of the ways you can lower the costs of your long-term medication:
- Get a 90 days’ supply. You can check with your insurance company if you can ask for a 3-month supply. A larger supply will help you save money by reducing the number of trips you make to the pharmacy, and often, a price break is given with larger orders.
- Shop from a legitimate online pharmacy. Take some time to check online pharmacies that sell ED medications and compare their prices to get the best deal.
- Check out drug assistance programs. Go online and search for any programs that offer financial assistance for medications. You can also consult your insurance provider if you have one and see if they have any programs that can help you with the costs of your medication.
- Ask your doctor if they can give you free samples. Some healthcare providers have samples that they can give out to their patients. Free samples can also allow you to try out if the drugs work for you without spending a dime.
- Lastly, ask your doctor to prescribe the cheapest alternative with the same effects. They can either specify a generic version of the drug or suggest a different course of treatment that fits within your budget.
In conclusion, it may be wise to go for a cheap alternative for your ED medication, but the bottom line is that the medication, whether branded or generic Tadalafil, will only be effective if you follow your doctor’s recommendations and a healthy and active lifestyle.