< Previous | Next >
Everything You Need to Know about Tadalafil as ED Medication
It is not common for men to talk about their sexual problems, such as erectile dysfunction. However, these concerns must not be overlooked and must be appropriately managed with the help of a qualified healthcare provider. This article aims to provide helpful information about erectile dysfunction or impotence. We will also share insights on Tadalafil and how this ED medication can help men improve their sexual health.
Today, you will learn more about the following:
- Erectile Dysfunction: Causes and Treatment Options
- Top Questions about the Medication
- Is Tadalafil Better than Other ED Medications?
Erectile Dysfunction: Causes and Treatment Options
Erectile dysfunction is a medical condition wherein a man experiences a repeated inability to facilitate or maintain an erection during sexual activity. ED can cause problems with your intimate relationships and even affect your overall well-being, so it is essential to consult your doctor and get appropriate medical treatment.
ED can be caused by either lifestyle, physical or psychological factors or sometimes a combination of all three. Here’s more detailed information on the causes of ED:
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Medications (antidepressants, antihypertensives, or sedatives)
- Neurological Disorders
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Surgery or Trauma
- Vascular Conditions (atherosclerosis, diabetes, or high blood pressure)
- Low Self-esteem
- Relationship Issues
Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction
Your treatment for ED would depend on the cause and severity of the condition and your overall health. Your doctor will first conduct a complete health assessment to understand and determine the cause of ED. They will perform a physical exam and ask for your full medical history. They may also request lab tests if needed.
During your doctor's consultation, provide all pertinent information, such as your medical history and all medications or supplements you are taking. Also, include details of any existing medical conditions or if you have a history of cardiovascular problems or stroke. This is to ensure that the combination of medications will cause no interactions.
Check out this list of standard treatment options for ED:
- Hormone Therapy: If ED is caused by hormonal imbalance, then TRT or testosterone replacement therapy may be recommended by your doctor.
- Oral Medications: This is the most popular treatment option because of its convenience and efficacy. Here are the top ED meds which your doctor may prescribe:
- Penile Implants: Implants or prostheses can be surgically implanted and can help you achieve an erection. Implants are usually recommended when other treatments or medications do not work or are inappropriate.
- Penile Injections: Alprostadil is a type of medication that can be injected into the base of the penis, which will help produce an erection. Penile injections are the next option if oral medications are ineffective for you.
- VEDs or Vacuum Erection Devices: VEDs are non-invasive and are designed to produce a vacuum that can draw blood to the penis, which will then help create an erection.
Top Questions about the Medication
- How does it Work?: Tadalafil is part of a group of drugs called the PDE5 or phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors, which can help relax the muscles in the blood vessels of the organ and will result in a boost in the blood flow and help create an erection when you are aroused.
- What is the right way to take the medication?: It is an oral medication that should be taken at least 30 minutes before engaging in sexual activity. The medicine can be taken with or without food, and lots of water can be drunk throughout the day. Take the correct dosage and follow your doctor's instructions to ensure the medication will take effect.
- How long does the effect last?: Tadalafil has earned its nickname as “the weekend pill” because its effects can potentially last for up to 36 hours compared to other ED medications.
- What are the possible side effects of the medication?: Common side effects of the pill include back pain, dizziness, flushing, headache, indigestion, muscle aches and nasal congestion. These side effects should be temporary, but if you experience painful or severe reactions, please stop taking the medication and seek medical assistance immediately.
- What are the precautions to practice?: This medication is effective but unsuitable for everyone, especially those with medical conditions like chronic heart disease, kidney or liver problems, and low blood pressure. Your doctor will determine if the pill suits your overall condition, or they may recommend a different treatment. It is also advisable to limit your alcohol intake to lessen the risk of side effects and to get the best results from the medication.
- Is there a generic version of the medication?: Cialis is the famous brand of ED pill, but you can opt for the generic versions if you want to save on costs. The generic versions have the same active ingredients and are as effective as the branded variants. Remember that the medication can only be purchased with a valid prescription from a qualified healthcare provider.
- Where can I buy the medication?: It can be purchased from most drugstores or online pharmacies. However, ensure the pharmacy has the proper license or accreditation to sell the medication. This is to avoid buying counterfeit or fake medicines that do more harm than good.
Is Tadalafil Better than Other ED Medications?
The choice to make between Cialis and other ED pills would depend on these factors:
- Extent of Action
- Frequency of your Sexual Activities
- Onset of Action
- Tolerance and Response to Medication
Cialis can be considered the better option, especially regarding the duration of action. The pill also takes effect faster than Sildenafil, and you can expect a few side effects. However, it all boils down to how you respond to the medication and how it helps you manage ED.
In conclusion, taking Tadalafil may have more advantages than other ED meds. Still, your doctor will recommend a different treatment route if you do not respond well to the pill. It can be a trial-and-error process. Still, it is essential to trust your doctor and follow their recommendations to a tee.
- Medical News Today - Ayurvedic Medicine for ED
- Healthline - How to Get Maximum Effect from Cialis
- The Independent Pharmacy - Reviews of Generic Cialis (Tadalafil)
- Medical News Today - Erectile Dysfunction: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases - Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration - Questions and Answers about Cialis (Tadalafil)
- eDrugstore - Top Questions About Cialis
- Chemist Click - Sildenafil vs. Tadalafil
- LloydsPharmacy Online Doctor - Sildenafil vs. Tadalafil
- NHS - Tadalafil