< Previous | Next >
Generic Tadalafil: What it Is and How it Can Change Your Life
Are you suffering from ED or erectile dysfunction? Well, you are not alone. ED can be considered the most common sexual dysfunction affecting men of any age but is more prevalent in older people. Some men may find it hard to talk about ED or get help, which should not be the case. ED is highly treatable, especially with medications like generic Tadalafil.
Talking about sexual problems can be difficult, but it is essential that you have the correct information that can guide you to make the best decisions in managing your condition. This article will discuss ED and how you can significantly benefit from taking medication such as Tadalafil.
8 Things You Need to Know About Erectile Dysfunction
- ED is described as the inability to attain or maintain an erection sufficient for pleasurable sexual intercourse.
- You are more likely to develop ED if you have the following conditions:
- Over 40 years old
- Certain medical conditions, such as cardiovascular diseases or diabetes
- Obese or overweight
- Mental health conditions like anxiety or depression
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like taking illegal drugs, excessive alcohol intake or having a sedentary lifestyle
- Having ED can be associated with health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and other related health risks.
- ED can be due to lifestyle-related, physical or psychological causes. It is essential to consult your healthcare provider if you are experiencing ED symptoms. They will determine the cause of your condition and will then recommend the proper treatment, such as Tadalafil.
- Diagnosing ED involves a complete physical examination and evaluation of your medical history, and your doctor may also request lab tests like psychological assessments or ultrasound.
- The treatment or medication for ED would depend on the condition's cause. The doctor would often prescribe ED meds such as generic Tadalafil. It is essential to follow your doctor's recommendations to get the benefits of the medication. Other forms of treatment for ED include penile implants or injections, psychotherapy, vacuum erection devices or surgery.
- ED can hurt a man's confidence, mental health, and self-confidence. If left untreated, having ED can significantly affect your relationship with your partner. It is imperative to seek medical assistance and openly communicate with your partner.
- ED is a serious health condition and should be given proper attention. Do not self-medicate or take supplements not approved by the FDA or recommended by your doctor.
Get the Hard Facts on Tadalafil
Tadalafil is the generic name of Cialis, a famous ED medication brand. Tadalafil can also be recommended to patients with BPH or benign prostatic hypertrophy. It works by boosting the blood flow into the penis, which can help lead to an erection when there is sexual stimulation involved.
Here are more facts about branded or generic Tadalafil:
- Tadalafil is an oral medication and should be taken as prescribed.
- The medication is available in various dosage amounts, and your doctor will prescribe the appropriate dosage depending on the severity of your ED and other related factors.
- Taking Tadalafil may cause side effects such as back pain, diarrhea, flushing, headache, muscle aches and runny or stuffy nose.
- Stop taking the medication if you experience severe or prolonged side effects. Contact your doctor immediately to avoid further complications.
- Inform your doctor if you take any medications, such as nitrates or alpha-blockers. This is to ensure that there will be no interactions from taking Tadalafil alongside your maintenance meds or health supplements.
- Taking Tadalafil will not increase your sexual desire nor protect you from STIs.
- It is best to take the medication at least 30 minutes before engaging in sexual activity.
- One of the best things about taking Tadalafil or the generic Cialis is that its effect can last up to 36 hours, which makes it great for that romantic weekend escape.
- Tadalafil can be taken in a small dose daily, but this recommendation would depend on your doctor.
- You should not take more than one tablet of Tadalafil in 24 hours. Do not make changes to your dosage or frequency of taking the medication. Always consult your doctor if you think that you need a different dosage.
What are the Common Misconceptions about Cialis or Tadalafil?
There are several fallacies about Tadalafil and ED meds in general. These misconceptions can be dangerous, especially if you believe them. Let’s take a look at the following myths:
- Cialis is an aphrodisiac. Cialis or generic Tadalafil will not boost your sexual desire or arouse you after taking them. The medication will only take effect if there is sexual stimulation.
- Cialis and other ED meds can take effect in an instant. Some men can feel the effects of Cialis within 30 minutes after taking the meds, but in most cases, it may take up to 2 hours for the medication to reach its peak strength. Therefore, planning and taking the medicine at the right time is essential.
- Cialis can cure you from ED. Taking any form of ED meds will not cure you of the condition permanently. Cialis can only provide temporary relief from the symptoms of ED. It is best to target the condition's underlying cause so it can be appropriately managed and treated.
- Tadalafil can cause heart attacks. Tadalafil was initially developed as a medication for heart ailments or hypertension. During testing, the researchers discovered that the drug can improve blood flow and help facilitate erections. Because of this fantastic discovery, Tadalafil was re-branded as a medication for erectile dysfunction.
- The higher the dosage, the better. Higher dosages of Tadalafil do not mean long-lasting or more potent erections. Always follow the prescribed dosage and remember that taking more than recommended may lead to an increased risk of side effects.
Cialis or generic Tadalafil has been proven effective, especially when taken the right way. However, these ED medications will be more potent if you follow your doctor's advice and stop your unhealthy habits.
- GoodRx - Essential Things to Know About Generic Cialis
- GoodRx - Cialis Now Available as Generic Tadalafil: Here's What You Need to Know
- Felix For You - Erectile Dysfunction Statistics
- Healthline - How Common Is ED?
- Oxford Online Pharmacy - 10 Erectile Dysfunction Facts
- Premier Men's Medical - 5 Facts About Erectile Dysfunction
- Allo Health - Erectile Dysfunction Facts
- Naturesfield - 10 Surprising Facts About Erections All Men Should Know
- Dr. Vigor - Erectile Dysfunction Facts
- Healthline - Risk Factors for ED
- Healthline - Tadalafil Oral Tablet
- Healthdirect Australia - Tadalafil (Cialis)
- eDrugstore - 7 Myths About Cialis
- Mayo Clinic - Erectile Dysfunction: Diagnosis and Treatment