< Previous | Next >
Guidelines for Responsible Use of Generic Tadalafil
Erectile dysfunction, or ED, is a medical condition defined as failing to achieve or keep an erection during sexual activity. It is a common condition affecting men of any age but is more prevalent among the older population. Many men may find it hard to talk about ED, probably because of embarrassment. Still, this condition is highly treatable, especially when you seek medical assistance.
This article will discuss ED and how taking generic Tadalafil will help you regain your sexual health. But first, here are essential facts about ED that you should know:
- It is estimated that about 40% of men in North America are affected with some degree of erectile dysfunction. The condition may be more common in middle-aged or older men, but ED can affect younger men.
- ED can be considered a warning sign of an underlying medical condition. These conditions include diabetes, hypertension, Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease. If the underlying cause is managed or reversed, then there is a good possibility that your ED will be resolved.
- ED can be caused by several factors, which are lifestyle, physical, and psychological. Everyday causes include obesity, a sedentary lifestyle and alcohol or substance abuse. Biological factors include hormonal imbalances, neurological conditions like multiple sclerosis, side effects of certain medications and vascular problems such as atherosclerosis. Psychological factors include anxiety, depression, relationship problems, and stress.
- Your healthcare provider will conduct a physical examination and ask for your complete medical history to diagnose your condition correctly. Additional tests such as blood tests, Doppler ultrasound, and NPT (nocturnal penile tumescence) may also be recommended.
- The treatment for ED will depend on the underlying cause. In many cases, oral medications such as generic Tadalafil will be prescribed by your doctor. Other treatment options include counseling or psychotherapy, lifestyle modifications, penile implants, or injections and VEDs or vacuum erection devices.
Oral Medications for Erectile Dysfunction
The oral meds for ED belong to a group of drugs called PDE5 or phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. These drugs are designed to help increase the blood flow to the penis, which will help produce and keep an erection during sexual stimulation.
It is important to note that these oral meds are not aphrodisiacs and will not make you feel aroused when you take them. Sexual stimulation is necessary to ensure that the medication will work. Popular brands for ED oral meds include Cialis (Tadalafil), Levitra (Vardenafil), and Viagra (Sildenafil).
These meds have the exact mechanisms of action but can vary in duration, onset of action, and side effects. In this article, we will discuss more about Tadalafil and how this medicine can totally transform your sex life.
Key Information about Tadalafil
- Tadalafil is usually known by its popular brand name, Cialis. However, you can still opt for the generic Tadalafil variant to save money, in some cases up to 50% or more.
- Tadalafil is available in different dosages ranging from 2.5 to 20 mg. Your doctor will determine the proper dosage depending on your overall condition and how you respond to the medication. The medication should be taken at least 30 minutes before sexual activity.
- Tadalafil can be taken daily at a low dose or as needed. You can take the medicine with or without food and drink plenty of water throughout the day. If you need to take a meal before ingesting the pill, eat light and nutritious meals since fatty dishes can delay the absorption of the medication.
- Tadalafil is known as “the weekend pill” because its effects can last up to 36 hours. This allows more flexibility in your intimate relationships and gives you more opportunities for spontaneous sex.
- Inform your doctor if you take other medications or supplements since Tadalafil can interact with certain drugs such as alpha-blockers or nitrates. It is also essential to inform your doctor if you have any existing medical condition such as cardiovascular problems, kidney or liver disease and low blood pressure or if you have had a history of heart problems or stroke.
- Tadalafil is not for recreational use, and taking the pill will not make you feel aroused. Sexual stimulation is necessary, so get your game face on!
The Right Dosage will save the Day.
The standard starting dosage of Tadalafil is 10 mg and can be adjusted according to your response. If your ED is relatively mild, your dosage could start at 5 mg. It can still be changed if you experience side effects or do not respond well to the dosage.
The maximum dosage of branded or generic Tadalafil is 20 mg, usually prescribed to patients with severe ED. Since this is the maximum dosage, follow the instructions on how to take the pill properly to avoid side effects and ensure that the medication will be effective. Do not take the medication more than once daily, leading to severe complications.
For daily use of Tadalafil, the dosage would start at 2.5 or 5 mg and should be taken simultaneously each day. Taking Tadalafil daily may increase your risk of experiencing side effects such as flushing and indigestion. If you experience severe side effects, stop taking the medication and contact your healthcare provider immediately.
Individualized Dosing of Tadalafil
Taking the correct dosage of Tadalafil is essential for the following reasons:
- Age and Health Factors: Older adults may need lower doses of Tadalafil since more senior people may have more health-related issues.
- Lessen the Occurrence of Side Effects: Tailoring the Tadalafil dosage can help lessen the risk of side effects and boost the efficacy of the medication. Some patients may experience adverse effects if prescribed a higher dosage. In comparison, others may require more dosage to get the best results.
- Boosting Efficacy: The main goal of Tadalafil treatment is to manage the condition successfully, and by tailoring the medication dosage, your doctor will be able to recommend the best dose that creates a balance between potency and tolerability.
- Treatment Target: ED patients' treatment expectations and targets will vary; some would want to take the medication as needed. In contrast, others would like to take Tadalafil daily. Individualized dosing will produce a treatment plan aligned with your lifestyle and preferences.
- Safety Concerns: Certain medications and medical issues can cause an interaction with Tadalafil, which can affect the effectiveness and safety of the drug. A personalized approach will allow doctors to assess these essential factors, which will help them make the best decisions in terms of dosage to ensure competency and safety.
Legitimate ED oral medications can only be purchased with a valid prescription. This means that the drug is safe and effective in treating ED and will only be prescribed after a complete assessment from your doctor. However, it is essential to note that the correct dosage plays a critical role in managing your condition.
Make sure to follow your doctor's advice, especially regarding dosing, and inform them immediately if you are not responding well to the medication. They can make the necessary adjustments or even recommend a different course of treatment. In many cases, using branded or generic Tadalafil the proper way has helped patients regain their sexual function and experience an improvement in their overall health.
- WebMD - Myths and Facts about Erectile Dysfunction
- LloydsPharmacy Online Doctor - Erectile Dysfunction Key Facts
- Premier Men's Medical - 5 Facts about Erectile Dysfunction
- UCSF Health - Oral Medications for Erectile Dysfunction
- Healthline - Medication List for Erectile Dysfunction
- NHS - About Tadalafil
- Drugs.com - Tadalafil Information
- Lilly - New Study Shows Men Taking Cialis (Tadalafil) Tablets Once Daily
- Hims - Tadalafil Dosage Guide
- Medical News Today - List of PDE5 Inhibitors
- Mayo Clinic - Alpha-Blockers