Reviewed by: Dr. Rajeev Mangat
Erectile dysfunction or male impotence is the failure to maintain an erection during sexual activity. Not everyone suffers from this sexual disorder, but it has been estimated that 1 in 10 adult males may have ED, especially long-term. Fortunately, several treatments can help patients with ED, one of which is the use of Tadalafil, the generic equivalent of the brand Cialis.
What You Need To Know About Erectile Dysfunction?
Cialis is the brand name for ED medication which contains the active component called Tadalafil. These are taken orally as tablets as prescribed by a physician and are available in different dosages (2.5, 5, 10, and 20 mg).
Cialis or Tadalafil is recommended for men who are experiencing erectile dysfunction. This means they cannot maintain a hard penis or erection, essential to achieve a pleasurable sexual experience. Do take note that the efficacy of Generic Cialis or Tadalafil requires sexual stimulation. The pill can also be prescribed to men with benign prostatic hyperplasia, a non-cancerous enlarged prostate gland condition. The use of Generic Cialis or Tadalafil can help resolve problems involving urine flow as well.
Tips On How To Take Cialis For Best Results
Cialis or Tadalafil is a long-lasting medication, and getting information on how the drug affects your body can help you get the best results. Here are some essential tips to help you get the best benefits from the treatment:
1. Always take Tadalafil as recommended by your doctor
Your doctor will first assess your condition and then recommend when you should take Cialis or Tadalafil. You can take Tadalafil daily or when needed before engaging in sexual activity. If you are advised to take Tadalafil daily, then you should take it at the same time each day for optimal results. If you need to take Tadalafil as needed, make sure to take it at least 2 hours before engaging in sexual activity so that there is ample time for the pill to take effect. On average, Tadalafil will last up to 2 hours but can go up to 6 hours.
2. Do not take more than what is recommended.
As they say, less is more, which holds true when prescribed ED meds such as cialis tadalafil. Always follow your doctor’s orders, especially regarding dosage, and never double up just because you think the Tadalafil or brand Cialis is not working for you. If you feel you are not getting the right results, then it is best to consult your doctor before changing your dosage. Taking too much Tadalafil can cause Priapism which can give you a hard-on lasting several hours. This can be very dangerous since it may cause permanent damage to the tissues of the penis. It is a common fallacy that taking more than the recommended dosage can help the medication last longer. Instead, stick to the recommended dosage for an enjoyable and painless sexual experience.
3. Trust the recommendations of your doctor or ED experts.
Your doctor will recommend a lower dose to help you start your treatment plan. This is to ensure that you experience minimal side effects. Talk to your doctor if you think the recommended dosage is not working for you. Your doctor will then suggest a better route for your treatment, such as adjusting your current dosage.
How Long Does The Effect Of Tadalafil Last?
Tadalafil, also known by the brand name Cialis has been dubbed as the “weekend pill” because it has been reported that its effects can last up to 36 hours, and the user can even feel its effects as soon as 30 minutes after taking the pill. Cialis is a preferred option for those who will to experience spontaneous sexual activity. Tadalafil can stay in the body or bloodstream for up to 36 hours, making it a very potent drug for men suffering from ED.
What To Expect After Taking Cialis (Brand) or Tadalafil (Generic)
Certain medications that affect the blood vessels, such as Tadalafil, can lead to unwanted side effects and even unsafe drug interactions. If you take Cialis or Tadalafil, you should be aware of the possible side effects to be aware of.
Here are the common side effects of taking Cialis or Tadalafil:
- Back pain
- Diarrhea or stomach upset
- Muscle pain
- Nasal congestion
- Pain in extremities or limbs
- Swelling of the pharynx and/or nose
- Upper respiratory infection
Here are the more severe reactions that you should look out for:
- Cardiovascular problems such as chest pain, fainting, heart attack, or even stroke
- Hypotension or low blood pressure
- Prolonged erections. However, this can be a rare occurrence, but if this happens, it is best to seek treatment right away since this condition can damage the penile tissues.
- Severe allergic reactions. This is a rare side effect, but the hypersensitivity reaction from taking Cialis may include exfoliative dermatitis, hives, or Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- Sudden loss of hearing or decrease in hearing. If you are experiencing this side effect, stop taking medicine and seek medical assistance immediately.
- Sudden loss of vision. NAION, or non-arthritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy, has been reported in some cases. Seek medical help right away if you experience this particular side effect.
By being aware of potential side effects, you can safely and effectively enjoy the benefits of your ED medication. Always be aware of the following:
- Always be honest with your doctor, especially if taking other medications. This will help them determine if the drugs you are taking can cause an interaction with Cialis or Tadalafil.
- Take the Cialis or Tadalafil as prescribed. Only make changes to your dosage with the advice of your physician.
- Minimize your alcohol intake since it can increase the potential for side effects.
- Lastly, provide a complete medical history so your doctor can determine whether taking Cialis Tadalafil is best for you.
Sources:1. https://www.urologyhealth.org/urology-a-z/e/erectile-dysfunction-(ed) 2. https://www.healthline.com/health/drugs/tadalafil-oral-tablet 3. https://www.manual.co/health-centre/erectile-dysfunction/cialis-tadalafil/how-long-does-cialis-last 4. https://ro.co/health-guide/how-long-does-cialis-last/ 5. https://www.ukmeds.co.uk/cialis-tadalafil/how-long-does-cialis-stay-in-your-system 6. https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-maximum-effect-from-cialis 7. https://www.struthealth.com/blog/best-way-to-take-cialis 8. https://www.forhims.com/blog/how-to-get-maximum-effect-from-cialis 9. https://www.drugs.com/tips/cialis-patient-tips 10. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/drugs-cialis-side-effects 11. https://www.singlecare.com/blog/cialis-side-effects/