< Previous | Next >
Cialis: How Soon Do the Effects Kick in and Proper Usage
Sexual problems such as ED or erectile dysfunction can be a complex topic for discussion. We get it; most men would find discussing their challenges in the bedroom embarrassing. However, ED is a treatable medical condition, and if you feel that you are going through it, see your doctor immediately so they can recommend the best treatment or medication, such as Cialis.
This article will discuss ED and how to manage this condition properly. We will also share more information about Cialis and how this pill can revamp your sex life.
Here are the topics that we will cover:
- Erectile Dysfunction: Symptoms, Causes and Oral Medication
- Tadalafil: Usage Guide
- Response Time of Cialis
Erectile Dysfunction: Symptoms, Causes and Oral Medication
Erectile dysfunction is not just a result of aging; this condition can happen to any man, even the younger ones. Some men may experience some form of impotence sometimes for several reasons. Still, if the condition persists, that is a sign of erectile dysfunction, which a qualified healthcare provider should check.
Common Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Difficulty in achieving an erection
- Emotional distress
- Erection problems during intercourse
- Reduced libido or sexual desire
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
ED can be caused by several factors: lifestyle, physical and psychological. Here's a more detailed list of causes:
- Lack of exercise or leading a sedentary life
- Poor diet
- Sleep disorders
- Substance abuse
- Cardiovascular diseases such as atherosclerosis or hypertension
- Hormonal imbalance
- Medications like antidepressants or antihypertensives
- Neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Smoking and alcohol abuse
- Performance anxiety
- Relationship problems
Oral Medications for ED
Oral medications are usually the preferred form of treatment for ED because of their efficacy and convenience. Your doctor will first assess your condition and determine the underlying cause of ED. After diagnosis, they will then recommend the best course of treatment and if oral medications are suitable for your situation, then here are the popular types of medications for ED:
- Sildenafil (Viagra)
- Tadalafil (Cialis)
- Vardenafil (Levitra)
These medications are not advisable for everyone; only your doctor can determine which pill is best for your condition. ED medications can only be purchased if you have a valid prescription, and it is best to follow your doctor's advice regarding dosage and frequency of use. Also, do not attempt to self-medicate or take male vitality supplements that have not been tested or approved by the FDA.
Tadalafil: Usage Guide
Branded Tadalafil comes in 4 dosages:
The usual starting dose for Tadalafil is 10mg for as-needed frequency and should be taken at least 30 minutes before sexual intercourse. For daily use of Tadalafil, the dose would depend on your overall condition and how well you respond to the medication. Your doctor can make the necessary adjustments if you are not getting the best results from the pill. It is important to remember that you should not exceed the prescribed dosage.
Like any other drug, you may experience some side effects when taking Tadalafil. Common side effects include dizziness, headache, indigestion, muscle or back pain, and nasal congestion. If you experience severe side effects such as an allergic reaction, prolonged and painful erection (Priapism), or vision changes, please discontinue Tadalafil and contact your doctor immediately.
Precautions for Taking Tadalafil (Cialis)
- Avoid or limit your alcohol consumption when taking Tadalafil or any other ED medication. Excessive alcohol intake can boost the risk of side effects such as dizziness or may lead to a drop in blood pressure.
- Avoid taking grapefruit products since they can cause an interaction with the medication and even increase the risk of possible side effects.
- Do not forget to inform your doctor if you have any existing medical conditions, a history of stroke or any cardiovascular disease. Also, it is best to provide your doctor with a complete medical history and let them know if you are taking any medications or supplements. This ensures you will not experience interactions that certain drugs, such as alpha-blockers or nitrates, can cause.
Always remember that Tadalafil is a prescription drug and should only be taken under the guidance of your doctor.
Response Time of Cialis
Tadalafil is a fast-acting drug, so medical professionals highly recommend it. You can start to feel its effects after 30 minutes, but it may take longer or up to 2 hours for its products to kick in fully. Tadalafil is known for its long-lasting effects, which can stay in the system for up to 36 hours. This allows for more spontaneity in sexual activities and will give you more time to be intimate with your partner without worrying about your ED.
However, it is essential to note that the effects of Tadalafil may vary from one person to another. Here are the factors that can influence the response time of the medication:
- Dosage: If you are taking a lower dose of Tadalafil, the drug may take longer to show its effects compared to the higher doses.
- Food: A heavy or high-fat meal can delay the onset of Tadalafil's action. It is best to take the medication without food, but if you must eat before taking the drug, choose a low-fat and nutritious meal to experience the effects quickly.
- Individual Factors: Some men may experience the effects of Cialis or even generic Tadalafil faster than others. Factors such as individual sensitivity to the medication, metabolism, and overall health can affect the response time.
- Sexual Stimulation: ED medications are not aphrodisiacs, and sexual stimulation is highly needed to make the medicine effective. Once a person is sexually stimulated, the response from Tadalafil can happen more quickly.
- Tolerance Level: If you have been taking ED meds often, your body may have already developed tolerance to the drug and may delay its effects. If this happens to you, inform your doctor so they can adjust your dosage or perhaps recommend a different treatment option.
In conclusion, the effects of Cialis would not be entirely the same with each person. Several factors can influence the duration of action and efficacy of the medication. It is best to consult your doctor if you want to maximize the results of Tadalafil.
- One Medical - Erectile Dysfunction
- Family Doctor - Erectile Dysfunction
- Everyday Health - Erectile Dysfunction
- Health - Erectile Dysfunction
- The Independent Pharmacy - Cialis Dosage Guide
- K Health - Tadalafil Information
- GoodRx - How to Take Cialis
- Manual - How Long Does Cialis Last
- WebMD - Sexual Performance Anxiety
- Mayo Clinic - Tadalafil Proper Use
- Mayo Clinic - Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis
- NHS - Side Effects of Tadalafil